Welcome to the website of the San Diego Law Enforcement Training Manager�s Association! This site continues to evolve and we always welcome your input and feedback. The San Diego Law Enforcement Training Manager�s Association (SDTMA) consists of training managers and specialists from law enforcement agencies, training presenters and educational institutions dedicated to professional law enforcement through excellent training.
Our motto, "Relentless Pursuit of Quality Training", reflects our mission of working in collaborative relationships to provide the best in professional training available for law enforcement agencies throughout the San Diego Region.
- Meetings are held the third Thursday of every other month, beginning in January of the calendar year at 1000 hours, unless otherwise indicated. A seventh meeting will be held in December for the Board of Directors elections and for the holiday luncheon.
- Host an annual Training Needs Assessment with representatives from the California
- Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.)
- Encourage cooperation between agencies and associations dedicated to professional law enforcement training
- Improve professional police training through the exchange of training materials, ideas, knowledge, and techniques
- Collect, collate, coordinate, and distribute data, information, ideas, knowledge, instructional methods and techniques with the intent to enhance the quality and efficiency of training delivery
- Provide input on legislation considered to be of benefit to law enforcement training
- Provide coordination in the development of programs that may be eligible for state and federal government financial support or private foundation endowment Conduct related activities, as may be necessary, desirable or incidental, to the furtherance of the above objectives.
Board of Directors
A Board of Directors, consisting of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, governs the operation of the SDTMA.
It is our hope that you enjoy the resources this website has to offer and prosper in the "Relentless Pursuit of Quality Training!"